Integrative therapeutic counsellor.
My name is Anna and I am an integrative counsellor. I have a Master’s Degree in Clinical and Forensic Psychology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
I have experienced working with adults and young people, and have worked with a wide range of issues including anger, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-esteem, childhood issues, trauma, bereavement and loss.
I am an integrative therapeutic counsellor, which means that in my work with clients I combine three therapeutic approaches: Person Centred Theory, Transactional Analysis and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I use different techniques and methods, depending on the person and the issue I am working with.
Alongside my private practice, I work with patients suffering from Eating Disorders in Cheadle Royal Hospital. I am also a University Lecturer and I teach Health Psychology at the University of Rzeszow.
I am a graduate member of the British Psychological Society and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I attend regular Continuous Professional Development (CPD) workshops to keep my knowledge and skills up to date and I meet regularly with my supervisor to support and review my work. I hold a subscription to the government DBS service which is current and up to date.
- Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling, Stockport College
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills, Stockport College
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts, Manchester College
- MA in Clinical and Forensic Psychology, AFM Krakow University, Poland
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis
- Prevention and management of violence and aggression
- Self-harm prevention
- Suicide prevention
- Safeguarding adults and children
- First Aid
- Nagorska A. Attitudes towards depression and symptoms of depression among Polish and British adults. Eur J Clin Exp Med 2018; 16 (3): 190-197. doi: 10. 15584/ejcem.2018.3.3